Freespace and Self Directed Support

At Freespace, you can use your budget to purchase the support you require. We’re here to help ensure Self Directed Support (SDS) works for you. You can learn more about SDS by watching this video from Edinburgh Council here.

Hourly rate 

Our hourly support rate is £16.24 per hour (approved by Edinburgh City Council).

Night support 

The sleep-in rate is £77.20 per night. Some of our services provide you with a shared waking night if you require this. We will work with you to identify what level of support you need.

Where the money goes

93% of our expenditure goes directly towards providing your support. The remaining 7% cover essential operating expenditures including staff base costs, central office costs, and the costs of governance.